Cores at TCORS
The Administrative Core provides a structural organization to facilitate administrative and scientific oversight as well as timely and efficient communication and integrative links among all Cores and Projects. It will also serve as the direct recipient of input from the National Tobacco regulatory Science Network, which we define as FDA Center for Tobacco Products staff, NIH/TRSP program staff, Center for Coordination of Analytics, Science, Enhancement, and Logistics (CASEL), and other TCORSs, and External Advisory Board (EAB).
- Provides mechanisms for communication, interaction, and collaboration within USC-TCORS
- Provides support services to aid with methodological, data processing, measurement, analysis, IT, and participant assessment to all members;
- Provides assurance of quality and adherence to the scope of the regulatory authority of the FDA Center for Tobacco Products;
- Enhances dissemination and sharing of research, data and resources
Population Resources Core
Provides the Center with a sufficiently large, diverse, and well-followed sample to address the proposed scientific goals.
Population Core (PC) will provide access to population resources with sufficient representation of tobacco product exposures, population subgroups, and longitudinal follow-up by recruiting and maintaining a sufficiently large, diverse, and well-followed sample to address the proposed scientific goals.
Career Enhancement Core
The USC-TCORS Career Enhancement Core provides career building experiences structured to increase the combination of knowledge of regulatory issues and skills in a specific scientific area.
- Provide career building experiences structured to increase the combination of knowledge of regulatory issues and skills in a specific scientific area
- Integrating USC-TCORS junior investigators into the teams of one of Center’s the four research projects
- Enhance our existing pilot research program to ensure that junior investigators pursue independent research questions aligned with our Center’s integrative theme.
- Increase support for our postdoctoral investigators to network and gain greater exposure to the broader TRS community, including a weeklong research immersion experience at the FDA, Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), or at other TCORSs