Quanto is a program to calculate required sample size and power for genetic studies.
Important: Security updates in Windows 7 and newer may prevent the installation program from running. We are working on alternate installations to address this issue. There are two versions of the alternate installation program. One is for a single user that does not require administrative privileges to install and the other installs Quanto for all users but requires administrative privileges to install. These alternate installation programs have no configuration options.
The installation program runs on all version of Windows from 95 to 7. It may run on Windows 8 and 10. If you have trouble running the installation program, try downloading and the alternate installation program below.
These alternate installation programs have been tested on all versions of Windows 8 and newer. These installation programs install Quanto with the default settings. The all users version installs Quanto for all users and requires administrative access to install. The single user version installs Quanto for use only by the user that installed it.
Important: We have had reports that some virus scanners report a possible trojan virus in the above downloads. The virus scanner is detecting the Quanto executable file inside the downloadable file. There are no viruses in the download.
Uninstall any previous version of Quanto. Changes have been made to the installation. Failing to uninstall the previous version may leave old files or registry entries on your system
Once you have downloaded the appropriate file and removed any previous versions of Quanto, do the following.
- If needed, log on with administrator privileges.
- Unzip the file you downloaded.
- Run the program that was in the zip file.
- Follow the onscreen prompts.
- Quanto will be added to the Start menu.
Quanto – latest version 1.2.4, May 2009
- Version 1.2.0 – Added the 2 degree of freedom test for the gene and interaction term together.
- Version 1.2.1 – Fixed a bug in saving when the interaction term varied. Displays routines were updated.
- Version 1.2.2 – Fixed a bug in the wizard for the inheritance mode. Fixed a display issue with varying parameters for continuous traits.
- Version 1.2.3 – Fixed a bug in dialog for selecting the 2 degree of freedom test. It could not be selected using the wizards.
- Version 1.2.4 – Improved function for calculating power for 2 degree of freedom test. This also fixed a bug that caused the program to exit to Windows. The installation program was updated to include support for Windows Vista.
This program computes sample size or power for association studies of genes, gene-environment interaction, or gene-gene interaction. Available study designs include the matched case-control, case-sibling, case-parent, and case-only designs. Quanto is a 32-bit Windows application requiring Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, 2003, or Vista to run. The graphical user interface allows the user to easily change the model and view the results without having to edit an input file and rerun the program for every model. The results of a session are stored to a log file. This log can be printed or saved to a file for reviewing at a later date. An option is included to create a text file of the log that can be imported into other documents.
Permutation-based FDR Point and Confidence Interval Estimation
Causal Inference Test
Bayesian Variant Selection