Do you require the GRE?
No, we do not currently require the GRE.
How do I submit my transcript?
Transcripts from U.S. Institutions
All domestic applicants must send their official transcripts to SOPHAS and not directly to USC. Your application will not be verified until all application materials have been submitted and reviewed by SOPHAS, including your official transcripts from the US and English-Canadian institutions.
For detailed instructions for domestic applicants, please refer to the SOPHAS Applicant Help Center – Domestic Transcripts.
Transcripts from Non-U.S. Institutions
International applicants must send their official transcripts directly to USC Graduate Admissions in the original language of issuance. Please refer to the International Student Transcript Country Requirements as outlined on the USC Transcript website for submission instructions. Unofficial transcripts submitted to SOPHAS from a WES report will only be used for review purposes. Official transcripts to USC are still required for international applicants after being admitted. USC Graduate Admissions does not accept WES Evaluations to meet the transcript requirement.
For detailed instructions for international applicants, please refer to the SOPHAS Applicant Help Center – Foreign Transcripts.
I need a letter of acceptance in order to be sponsored for my degree at USC—how and when should I expect it?
This depends on when you submit your application:
- If you are applying for the spring term, a decision will be out in November or December.
- If you are applying for the summer term, a decision will be out in March or April.
- If you are applying for the fall term (priority deadline) your decision will be out in March or April.
- If you are applying for the fall term (final deadline) decision will be out in June or July.
If you have further questions, please contact admissions.
Can you help me find a job after graduation?
There are many ways to find jobs, internships, and practicum opportunities as a student or alumni. Services offered by our Public Health Career Services include:
- resume review services
- a jobs and internships list which is updated weekly
- a career adviser providing personalized constructive feedback for all your career development documents, negotiating skills coaching, and mock interviews.
- career fairs and other events
How can I prepare if I am interested in a specific research area?
We suggest visiting our faculty profiles to learn about their research interests. Faculty are happy to talk to students and prospective students alike regarding their research. During the program, be proactive about meeting with your faculty mentor and program director.
Applications differ by program. Follow the links to submit to your program of choice.